Friday, October 3, 2008

Tonight's the Night

Well, tonight is first Friday here in Portland. Last night, First Thursday, all of the fine art galleries in SW Portland opened their doors for a city wide open house. Tonight, SE Portland which has a much younger crowd and alternative edgy galleries opens their doors. This also includes the Alberta Street extravaganza where they block off the street and artists and street vendors sell their wares in an ad-hoc type of arrangement. Anyway, I am showing my Faerie Dreams painting at the Launch Pad Gallery in SE and they are having the opening tonight. I am to bring a potluck item to share and they will be selling beer and wine. It's raining here already, so my husband and I will probably don our leather coats and try to mix in with the much younger hipsters. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

p said...

hope it went well! looking forward to hearing bout it...i'm a few days late reading this which means any minute now you will be posting :)

Banba said...

Thanks! Hey it went well. My faeries looked pretty tame compared to the other folks art. There were a lot of people there, a bar, munchies and a DJ. My painting hasn't sold yet. It's going to be up for all of October though.