Thursday, October 16, 2008

Photography

My friend Christen Robinson who owns Gallery One here in Portland wanted me to put together some of my photography for her. I was able to get two together so far. 
This first one is an iron ring. These can be found all over Portland on older sidewalks. This one was outside of Jakes Famous Crawfish. They were put there to tie up horses to. Now people lock their bikes up to them. I purposely cropped the photo to a rectangle so I could mat it horizontally on a 11 x14, black mat. I also boosted the color in iPhoto. It's a simple effect that can add a lot. I really like the way it came out.


This next one I took in China town. The dragon was in a store window. I brought it up into Gimp and air brushed a few distractions with black and then added the light and shadow. I'm just learning these tools. So this was fun for me!